Creamy Cheddar Grits
2 cups of water or chicken stock
2 cups of whole milk
1 cup of grits
3 tablespoons of butter
1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons of heavy cream (optional)
You will also need a SIGNATUREseries Cast Iron Skillet.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of water or chicken stock with 2 cups of whole milk. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Slowly whisk in 1 cup of grits and let them simmer until they become tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and add 3 tablespoons of butter and 1 1/2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Stir until the butter and cheese are fully incorporated into the grits. If desired, you can add a few tablespoons of heavy cream to achieve your preferred consistency.
- Season the creamy cheddar grits with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
This dish was crafted by Fallon Blackburn. For more of her recipes, check out her Instagram profile @espressoandlime.
Shop the tools
← Older post
Newer post →